Pay Band: 1 Temporary
Pay Rate: $15.00 per hour
Hours: 20-30 hours per week
The AC Study & Research Abroad Programs department administers year-round fee-based study abroad programs, overseas research programs, and faculty-led programs in countries throughout Eastern and Southeast Europe, Russia, the Caucasus, Central Asia, and East/Southeast Asia at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels. The department is responsible for all aspects of program administration, from selection and placement to travel logistics and on-program support. The AC Study & Research Abroad program staff also are responsible for designing and implementing advertising and recruitment strategies for all AC Study & Research Abroad programs.
The AC Study & Research Abroad Fall Internship is a paid internship that presents undergraduate and graduate students with the opportunity to learn about program administration in the international education sector. The departmental intern will work closely with staff to help with tasks associated with the day-to-day management of AC Study & Research Abroad programs, with a focus on our research programs and recruitment/outreach efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in tracking and filing applicant documents;
- Editing, distributing, and collecting program materials;
- Sending deadline reminders;
- Assisting with maintenance of the AC Study Abroad social media presence;
- Processing student blogs;
- Compiling data for grant reports or proposals;
- Drafting alumni success articles for publication on the AC Study & Research Abroad website;
- Assist in carrying out outreach and recruitment strategies for the department;
- Coordinating logistics for program events and campaigns (e.g. selection committee meetings, program orientation sessions, webinars, and alumni events);
- Routine administrative work.
Anticipated Internship Dates
The fall internship is anticipated to last from late August to mid-December. Start and end dates are flexible. The position is approximately 20-30 hours per week. Please address dates and hours of availability in your cover letter.