The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Budget unit within the Division of Administration processes purchasing and payments for a variety of goods and services including office supplies and repair and maintenance contract services.
The agency is transitioning into a new ordering and invoicing system, PASSPort, while still working in the current purchasing system (ConTrak Purchasing) and payment system (PAYRS). During this transitional period duplicate entries to purchase supplies need to be made in both PASSPort and ConTrak Purchasing to generate purchase orders. An additional task will be making payments in PAYRS. The Budget unit needs additional processing staff to support this transition. The additional staff will focus on the following:
- Processing requisitions in PASSPort and ConTrak Purchasing
- Review invoices and all supporting documentation for accuracy
- Submit the invoice in PAYRS for processing
- Assist in retrieving, if necessary, all required documents to facilitate processing the invoice through all level of approvals until the payment is processed.
This is an onsite (not remote) position at our agency headquarters, 42-09 28th Street, Long Island City, Queens.
This position will oversee all aspects of purchasing and invoice payments for assigned vendors. This includes
inputting the purchase orders in PASSport and ConTrak purchasing systems. Tracking the spend-down. Gathering all necessary and supporting documents in preparation of processing the invoices for payment in PAYRS.
Vendors will be assigned on an as needed basis with the primary focus being on vendors for office and general supplies. The person hired must have the ability to work independently and escalate issues when needed. Invoices need to be processed in a timely and efficient manner. Prior experience with processing purchases and invoice payments is required for this position. Experience in PASSport, PAYERS, and ConTrak is preferred.
- Gather and review supporting materials (order confirmations, receiving receipts, etc.) for processing invoices
- Confirm that prices being charged match with set pricing in purchase orders and contracts
- Confirm that funding is available under the appropriate budget codes
- Approve invoice payments in PASSport and PAYERS to vendors in accordance with NYC Mayoral Directive #6.
- Prepare, review, and retrieve data for the preparation of purchase orders, storehouse requisitions, invitation for bids, scope of services and requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Analyze and assist with the Bureau's OTPS budget to ensure appropriate funding source for purchases and contracts
- Utilize OES (OTPS Encumbrance Systems) to prepare encumbrances and reconcile vendor payments schedule with FMS to ensure accuracy
- Generate, maintain, and update data files to compile quarterly and annualized reports