The Foreman will be responsible for the supervision and performance of various construction tasks in the areas of tower erection, coaxial cable and antenna installation, antenna mount installation, RF testing and troubleshooting. This position is for candidates with extensive experience in cellular construction. Foreman will be required to closely supervise and assist with the construction and testing of cell sites. Foreman will need to be able to lead experienced technicians, as well as train new technicians, while maintaining safe productive job sites. Ability to lead crews, extensive experience with construction, testing, and troubleshooting/maintenance are a must.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Planning daily activities for crew and assigning tasks as required.
- Monitoring crew activities and ensuring all safety policies are being followed.
- Installation and maintenance of mounts, platforms, antennas, RRU’s, TMA, and other related equipment on towers, rooftops, and other structures to expand and upgrade cellular networks.
- Installation and maintenance of coaxial and DC power/fiber optic transmission lines.
- Installation and maintenance of microwave equipment.
- Testing of new and existing equipment. May include sweep, PIM, or fiber testing.
- Installation of ice bridges, cable trays, equipment pads, racks, and platforms.
- Installation of underground and in building conduits for electrical and back haul circuits.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to manage a small crew and maintain a safe productive work environment.
- Excellent physical conditioning and stamina.
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather conditions; including but not limited to snow, rain and varying temperatures.
- Observe all company procedures and safety rules.
- Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, use hands to finger/handle/feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, talk or hear. Occasionally the work requires the employee to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Frequently the employee is required to lift or carry up to 10 or 25 lbs., and occasionally up to 50 or 100 lbs. Able to climb to and work at heights exceeding 300’. The employee needs to have good vision for close work, distance, color discrimination, peripheral, and depth perception.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in cellular construction (2 as a lead)
- Basic computer skills required for equipment programming and site closeouts
- Sweep & PIM testing certifications (practical knowledge/skill test may be performed during interview)
- Fiber testing certification
- Competent Tower Climber and Rescuer Certification (does not need to be current, Centerline will re-certify, previous experience as an instructor is a bonus)
- First Aid & CPR (Centerline will re-certify if required)
- NWSA TTT1 & TTT2 certification not required but is a bonus.
The Foreman is responsible for closely supervising and assisting with the construction and testing of cell sites. Foreman will need to be able to lead experienced technicians, as well as train new technicians, while maintaining safe productive job sites.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Days of work are Monday through Friday with some irregular hours. Weekends and evenings, as needed, to service emergency needs of our customers.
- Be willing to travel up to 100 miles per day.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be insurable under the company insurance policy.