- Certificate of relevant degree in TSEL or TEFL;
- Three to five years’ experience in teaching English as a Second or Foreign Language or related field;
- Experience in managing, designing, monitoring, managing, evaluating, implementing academic programs in TESL/TEFL;
- Experience in the administration of the English language programs including needs analysis, student and faculty assessment and evaluation, policy and curriculum, materials development;
- Experience in financial management;
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills and ability to be a bridge between cultures, particularly to bridge between host country institutions and Embassy;
- Experience documenting and reporting on English language programs, including program successes, needs assessments and monitoring;
- Fluency in English required and Russian or Kazakh preferred.
This position is contingent upon successful award of the project
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – American Councils is committed to taking affirmative steps to enhance employment opportunities for minorities, women, veterans, and people with disabilities, and strives to ensure that meaningful employment and promotional opportunities are maintained for everyone. American Councils’ commitment to equal employment opportunity is based not only on federal requirements, but also on a longstanding commitment to maintaining a diverse workforce reflective of the communities in which we operate.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information