The General Council on Finance and Administration (GCFA) announces a search for a IT Client Development Specialist position. This position will be responsible for facilitating relationships with customers of GCFAs support services, focusing on Information Technology (IT) customer relationships. This role coordinates communication and planning between customer and project teams or other IT resources, as well as assists with the Request for Proposal process.
GCFA serves The United Methodist Church through financial and administrative ministries that enable the fulfillment of the mission of the Church. The Connectional Relations department builds relationships with United Methodist churches, organizations, agencies, annual conferences, and affiliated organizations, and connects them to GCFAs products and services.
The Agency seeks an experienced professional with a proven record of ensuring customer engagement and satisfaction. Will be responsible for identifying appropriate resources, depending on customer needs. This roll also collaborates with customers to promote business knowledge of IT processes, roles, and procedures.
- Develop and execute sales/growth strategy, proactively prospect throughout the United Methodist Connection.
- Establish a presence in the United Methodist Connection by participating in meetings, events, collaborating with the United Methodist Information Technology Association (UMITA), and other United Methodist constituent groups.
- Cultivate productive and influential relationships with customers, including General Agency IT staff, Annual Conference IT staff, UMITA members, and United Methodist constituents.
- Provide effective presentations to all external and internal constituents.
- Lead internal team meeting preparation for external sales efforts, and all stages of prospect meetings.
- Provide feedback to GCFA departments regarding customers' emerging or unmet service needs, with a specific focus on IT needs.
- Focus on client satisfaction and understanding their business needs, workflows, and priorities.
- Manage complex negotiations and position products, rate levels, and expanded product portfolios to increase sales and maximize revenue.
- Responsible for maintaining working knowledge of all GCFA support services and act as primary contact for IT services.
- Seek opportunities to assist in problem solving and provide solutions to constituent groups.