Join us in doing something that matters!
At Community Catalysts of California (CCC) we strive to create an impassioned and fulfilling environment for both our clients and employees. We have been in action for 30 years and have worked tirelessly towards generating a positive impact in our communities. Veterans Community Services (VCS) is a dimension of CCC that is dedicated to providing services for the military service members and Veterans of our nation. If you are interested in serving your community and our VCS office, please read ahead!
JOB FUNCTION: Coordinate, conduct and secure permanent housing options/placements for Veterans Community Services participants.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The Housing Coordinator is the staff member chosen to be responsible for but not limited to performing the following essential job duties:
1. Conduct landlord outreach and education in order to develop a network of landlords available to rent to participants.
2. Support Case Coordinators with ongoing housing search services and services related to securing and maintaining housing.
3. Identify and secure available permanent housing opportunities for participants as needed.
4. Be responsive to landlord questions, and needs, and update assigned Case Coordinator on issues that may impact housing.
5. Provide follow up services to landlords including on-site visits, monthly phone contacts and recording up to date participant and landlord information.
6. Liaise between the landlord and tenant (participant).
7. Maintain positive communications and relationships with individuals in cooperative agencies, property managers, landlords, housing resources, involved members of families and participants.
8. Participate in local landlord engagement committees and efforts.
9. Coordinate with the local housing authorities and others that provide landlord incentives available for VCS use.
10. Maintain an inventory list of all landlords and housing placements.
11. Develop and maintain all records, reports documentation required by the funding agency and the needs of the Program for tracking and progress purposes.
12. Organize, plan and lead networking events, program activities and groups.
13. Complete in a timely manner all logs, reports and participant evaluations as required.
14. Prepare, submit, and deliver rental related Temporary Financial Assistance (TFA’s) checks.
15. Provide direct service as needed and required.
16. Perform all duties as assigned.