The Director of Development / Platform Architect is the key leader driving the strategic development of the enterprise class restaurant point of sale system, Nigel (https://nigel.com/).
She/he will work closely with Executive Leadership and the Nigel VP of Business Development to define the technical strategy, development goals and product roadmap. She/he will lead a team of software developers (through a Team Lead), and QA and DevOps professionals. She/he will lead development and deployment and will work closely and collaboratively with business development and product support to ensure product vision success.
- Own the health of the technical team – culture, strength, and vision achievement
- Collaborate with executive leadership, management and other critical parties to define product requirements, goals and objectives.
- Lead the development team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools and networks. Develop a team culture that supports employee engagement, high performance and retention.
- Manage the Development Team Lead, who will provide the development team with the day-to-day direction and coaching needed to successfully and consistently deliver high-quality working software products on time, within budget and to specification.
- Manage Quality Assurance and DevOps teams/functions for Nigel.
- Own the technical health of Nigel – features, functionality, hardware/software, and market position
- Define and drive the technical strategy, goals and product roadmap for Nigel.
- Partner with the leader of product support to ensure that the system is installed, updated, and supported for customer satisfaction and success.
- Cultivate a network of customers, market partners, and talent.
- Partner with the leader of business development to ensure the needs of targeted customers are understood, incorporated into the product development roadmap, and consistently met in product releases.
- Engage, in collaboration with the leader of business development, with customers and prospects as needed to support market development and new customer acquisition.
- Build and foster trusted relationships with executive leadership, the Nigel VP of Business Development, internal and external customers, and other critical parties to ensure an environment of collaboration and confidence.
Minimum Qualifications and Educational Requirements:
- Proven people and technical leader
- Strong software development background and prior development team leadership experience
- 6+ years of experience required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Atlassian Suite of Development/Collaboration Tools
- Agile (SCRUM)
- Business Intelligence Integration
- API development and integration
Physical Requirements and Environment:
- Office environment majority of the time with frequent use of computers, phones, and other office equipment or digital tools.
- Travel by land and/or air is required roughly 10% of the time.
- Ability to meet compressed deadlines in high-pressure situations. This may require an adjusted or expanded work schedule.
Successful candidates will exhibit the following:
- A well-organized leader with the ability to manage multiple software development projects.
- A proven people leader, able to build a culture of employee engagement, high performance and retention.
- A proven technical leader, able to provide clear direction and build alignment on the platform’s architecture and development approach.
- Effective communicator at various levels within the company, as well as with external customers and partners.
- Collaborative approach and presence with the courage to drive towards the vision in the face of adversity.
- Ability to build on a culture of technical excellence and foster an environment of continuous learning.
- Ability to effectively partner with business development, as well as delivery and support teams within the organization.
- Time management expertise with the tenacity to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
- High level of analytical problem solving and critical thinking.
- The ability to lead teams through ambiguity and change.
High Touch participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. For more information please visit https://www.e-verify.gov/employees.
HTI Personnel, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity company. This job description provides you with details pertaining to the position but is not a complete statement of duties and responsibilities. Other duties can be assigned or required.