Open Position: Game Day Staffer
Reports to: Middle School Director of Athletics
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
When Needed: Immediately: Part-Time Temporary
University Prep is seeking a talented, dynamic and compassionate Game Day Staffer to help us advance our vision of being an inclusive community of learners that provides an outstanding education for each individual in a diverse student population. We are looking for an individual committed to the academic, social and emotional needs and fluctuations of middle school students; someone who can work effectively independently as well as part of a team. We need a leader who understands best practices in teaching soccer and who is passionate about teaching to middle school students and enhancing student life. We are looking for staff and faculty who share our belief that a culturally rich and inclusive school community provides students with the best possible environment for a quality education. If that sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.
Who We Are:
University Prep is an independent 6-12 school located in an urban residential section of Seattle, WA, one of the country’s most diverse and dynamic cities. We are a strong and vibrant community of students, families, faculty, staff, and alumni who collaboratively create an exceptional educational experience for every student. The School is a place of great teaching and joyful learning; a community that joins together to raise up our children to be caring and productive adults; a place where all students and families have equitable access to all the school has to offer, and a place where we aspire for every family and student to feel equally enfranchised and at home. To us, diversity and inclusivity are not addenda, they are embodied in all facets of our school culture. University Prep believes that our shared values of integrity, respect, and responsibility are essential to accomplish our mission of developing each student’s potential to become an intellectually courageous, socially responsible citizen of the world.
The Athletic Department is offering a seasonal job opportunity in Event Management. These opportunities will consist of working closely with the Middle School Director of Athletics and the Director of Athletics. Candidates for this position must be able to work 1 to 3 evenings a week during the Volleyball and Basketball Season. Work hours range from 2:50pm to 7:00pm.
- Provides customer service, direct leadership, and general supervision of MS athletic events
- Assists athletic staff with game day set-up
- Provides Scorekeeping and Clock operation for MS Volleyball and MS Basketball games in the Pumadome
- Works closely with athletic staff to create game day media materials
- Assists Athletic Department with creating monthly publications
- Maintains and operates the proper use of equipment and supplies
- Enforces facility and equipment rules
- Is familiar with and complies with all policies and regulations as put forth in the school’s documents
- Since safety and security are everyone’s responsibility, takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, faculty, staff, equipment, materials and facilities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Employees are paid the last working day of each month
- Employees are paid at a rate of $15.00 per hour