Position: Philanthropy Manager
Classification: At-Will, Full time, Exempt, benefitted position
Reports to: Reports to Senior Director of Philanthropy
The Philanthropy Manager will provide strong support to the Philanthropy efforts of Jewish Silicon Valley. The Philanthropy Manager will be charged with the integrity and efficiency of the Philanthropy Department through maintenance of gift entry, donor correspondence and mailing, cultivation efforts tracking and logistical support. Strong administrative support of all Philanthropy activities will include interacting with donors, potential donors, JSV Fund Development Committee members, Corporate Partners, businesses, funders, APJCC members, and JSV Board members. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced non-profit environment. This position requires confidentiality, trust, discretion, independent judgment and decision-making, specialized technology skills, experience dealing with confidential matters, and technical clerical skills. The role requires proficiency in Microsoft applications and Google Workspace and Database Software.
Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure accuracy and maintenance of all donor records, including history, communications and all relevant data through use of databases. Work closely with the database administrator to ensure the integrity of the database.
- Manage creation of and provide accurate donor reports and mailing lists. Provide insight into donor trends and Philanthropy efforts success rates. Update relevant parties when donations are received including JSV Philanthropy and Program staff members, volunteer ambassadors
- Write and manage communications to steward and cultivate donors at every level, ensuring timely and effective donor acknowledgement and electronic and print communications. This includes donor appeals, acknowledgement letters, pledge statements and year-end tax statements.
- Support engagement activities including event logistics, stewardship and engagement tracking, and donor recognition integrity.
- Conduct donor, foundation and grant research to support cultivation of new philanthropy streams. Assist with grant applications.
- Provide administrative, clerical, and operational support to the Philanthropy Department and CEO including committee scheduling and preparing for meetings and maintaining meeting minutes.
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors and Governance Committee through the maintenance of committee files and preparation of materials for Board meetings.
- Propose ideas to improve processes and/or generate additional data for all Philanthropy purposes.
- Keep abreast of institutional and communal priorities and programs; ensure that Jewish Silicon Valley’s case for support is current, relevant and effectively communicated with donors.
- Support and enhance the organization’s presence with its many constituencies, promoting a collaborative, and donor focused approach to development.
- Work with JSV and community professionals to encourage leadership development and determine strategy to engage donors through affinity groups.
- Participate with professional peers and relevant lay leaders in the strategic development process to utilize their expertise and cultivate their support to develop a long-term strategic plan for growing the community’s philanthropic support.