- Ability to lift and carry at least 30lbs and
- Physical ability to sit on the floor or low chair and to squat down to be at eye level with children for up to 15 minutes at a time and
- Ability to stand and walk for up to one hour at a time and
- Level of physical fitness that allows for keeping pace with the activity level of young children.
- 24 units of ECE/CD, including the core courses. Core courses are 3 semester units or 4 quarter units in each of the following areas: child development; child/family/community or child family relations and program/curriculum and
- 175 days of 3 hours per day of work experience in an ECE/CD setting within 4 years.
- AA or higher degree in ECE/CD or related field and
- 3 units supervised field experienced in an ECE/CD setting.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between JSV and its employees.