- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be comfortable performing repetitive preventative maintenance tasks, including turning valves, jetting, CCTV work, and fire hydrant maintenance
- Ability to work with hand tools and basic mechanical ability required
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn required
- Proven customer service skills and the ability to work productively with minimal direct supervision
- Excellent communications skills (both written and verbal) are essential as this position works closely with customers, contractors, developers and other District Departments
- Ability to use office equipment such as phone systems, copier, and fax machine, and radio system
- Computer proficiency required
- The ability to work as a member of a team is a must
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Must possess a valid Colorado Driver's license and be insurable under District's standard
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk and hear. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and confined spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
The pay range for this role is $16-$19/hour. Seasonal employees receive paid holidays and a $300 monthly housing stipend.
All District employees must submit to a pre-employment drug screen and extensive background check.
For a full job description, email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must apply online at www.erwsd.org in order to be considered.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions are based on job-related factors.