The Associate Director Practice Management and Systems Delivery Policy supports the Director of Practice Management and Systems Delivery Policy in the development and execution of successful psychiatric practice and system delivery policy strategies. The Associate Director will monitor and, as directed, act upon policy developments regarding access to care, private practice delivery, community-based delivery, program integrity, and substance use disorder (including tobacco and vaping), as well as work with relevant councils.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the implementation of relevant laws/regulations and develop educational materials and content for the membership
- Develop regulatory comments in response to proposed rules, requests for information, and other relevant Administrative actions
- Work with communications to develop materials and web content to convey policy updates to the membership
- Work with relevant agency staff to incorporate APA priorities in regulations, guidance, and programs
- Respond to inquiries from APA members, district branches, mental health care organizations, etc.
- Monitor Federal Register Notice for relevant announcements regarding regulations, meetings, and executive orders
- Provide policy and administrative support for the Council on Addiction Psychiatry and work with workgroups from various councils as appropriate
- Work with the Council to move forward work products and seek Council feedback/expertise as necessary on policies and activities under their purview
- Work across the division to support and provide feedback to relevant workgroups under other councils and participate in calls and meetings
- Researches, reviews, analyzes and interprets information and trends relating to mental health care practice management and delivery systems policy
- Ongoing review of pertinent literature and studies
- Writes policy briefs on specific issues as directed
- Support the APA Member Help Line
- Other duties as assigned