Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Counselor, Part-Time to join the Women and Children's Ministries team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Counselor, Part-Time works with a team of staff to help create a safe, healing environment for women and children in a Christian residential program; responsible for counseling women and facilitating classes at WCM.
Our Women and Children's Ministries team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Approximately 24 hours between Monday - Friday, primarily afternoons/evenings, with one full day (8:30 AM - 5:00 PM on Tuesday), plus occasional evenings, weekends and holidays.
Essential Job Duties
- Conduct individual counseling for mental health issues, Christian direction and domestic violence issues.
- Advocate for and support program participants through intakes, referrals, safety planning, educational classes, individual advocacy based counseling and groups.
- Attend wrap and staff meetings as scheduled.
- Maintain confidential client files.
- Meet with on site and clinical supervisor weekly.
- Attend training as assigned by supervisor.
- Be willing to be trained and use Lifespan Integration therapy for trauma resolution.
- Participate in the Grace-based philosophy of ministry and the self-evaluation process.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattles Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Missions Core Values.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Seattles Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to teach classes as needed.
- Have a passion for the ministry at WCM.