Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Driver to join the Gifts In Kind team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Driver is primarily responsible for driving a truck to pick up donations and deliver orders to ministry sites, non-profit partners, and individuals who are receiving assistance from the distribution center. The person in this position will also assist in loading/unloading trucks.
Our Gifts In Kind team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Essential Job Duties
- Pick up of donated items as scheduled
- Deliver orders to program sites, non-profit partners, and clients
- Load and unload vehicles
- Make dump/recycle runs as scheduled
- Maintain excellent donor relations
- Drive and maintain a UGM vehicle. Maintenance includes keeping interior/exterior of the vehicle clean and reporting any operation issues that may require attention.
- Know what items the Mission accepts for donation along with minimum condition for acceptance.
- Complete and turn in all required paperwork properly and in a timely manner.
- Assist DC staff in processing donations and pulling orders as time permits.
- Supervision/mentoring of program donation pick-up helpers
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and trainings, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattles Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Missions Core Values.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Seattles Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- Possess a valid Washington State Drivers License and be able to meet the standards of the Mission driver criteria required, including but not limited to:
- Clean driving record
- No current suspensions or revocations
- At least 21 years of age
- Excellent driving skills and driving record.
- Forklift experience or the ability to learn preferred.
- Ability to work alongside Mission staff, program clients/interns, donors and non-profit partners.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Knowledge and understanding of what acceptable donated items are is required.