The technical writer is responsible for creating, updating and maintaining client user documentation through our Help website.
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Works as an integral part of several teams during the developmental and creation of instructional materials using a variety of formats
- Oversee other departments edits and website content production
- Perform Updates and rewrites of content in HTML and web-based editing software.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Investigative or curious nature to explore proposed solutions and ensure quality outcomes.
- Willingness to jump in and tackle complex issues in a fast-paced environment.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3-5 years of technical writing experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to details.
- Teaching or marketing experience a plus.
- 100% employer-paid premiums for employee-only coverage for medical, dental and vision plans.
- $50,000 in employer-paid life insurance for yourself.
- A 50% employer-paid 401(k) match on your first $5,000 contribution each year.
- A full week of paid-time off at the end of December + 8 paid holidays + PTO.
- Management with a vested interest in your career growth and development.
- Free Apex Learning courses.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the job and is not intended to be a comprehensive or exhaustive list of all possible duties and responsibilities. The particular job duties of this position may change based upon the needs of Apex Learning. Additional duties may be assigned at the discretion of the supervisor. Apex Learning reserves the right to amend and change the responsibilities to meet its operational needs.
Apex Learning is an equal opportunity employer. Our intent is to recruit, hire, train, and promote all persons in all job groups in accordance with law, without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran and/or military status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, disability, or any other protected status.