The Exhibits Coordinator is responsible for the management of the exhibits program for the Annual Meeting and IPS: The Mental Health Services Conference (IPS), including the onsite floor management at the Annual Meeting, under the supervision and guidance of the Associate Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the management of the exhibits program for the Annual Meeting and Institute on Psychiatric Services (IPS), including the onsite floor management.
- Manage the daily responsibilities for the Annual Meeting and IPS exhibits.
- Respond to telephone and email inquiries, research and provide appropriate resolution to issues and concerns.
- Assist in developing exhibit-related materials.
- Collaborate with the General Service Contractor (GSC) on the design and content for the service kit, which includes exhibitor rules and regulations, policies for the Exhibit Hall and facilities including fire and safety regulations, installation and dismantling schedules and union jurisdictions, for inclusion on the website and online Exhibitor Service Center.
- Responsible for the overall planning, layout and content of the exhibitor website page; update content on a continuous basis.
Floor Plan Design and Management
- Provide the concept and design of the Exhibit Hall floor plan.
- Serve as point of contact for GSC as it relates to booth relocations, floor configurations and overall exhibit space management.
- Develop floor plan from maximum fit booth layout to allow for optimal traffic flow, show management areas, placement of sponsorship items, lounges and other special requests.
- Manage booth changes to include relocations, sizing and cancellations.
Onsite Exhibit Management
- Provide onsite management of the exhibit floor at the Annual Meeting to monitor all supplier and facility exhibit services
- Manage registration to determine the process for exhibitor registration, group exhibitor pickups and distribution at both meetings.
- Monitor the activities of both exhibitors and service suppliers to assure compliance with all fire and safety codes and applicable rules and regulations.
- Serve as the liaison for Exhibitor Appointed Contractors (EACs), monitor activities of EACs that they follow all rules and regulations. Follow up on missing paperwork, issue wristbands and monitor work orders to deter onsite solicitations. Keep the Director of the APA's Meetings and Conventions Department informed daily of all activities concerning vendors and facility.
- Monitor booth setup and dismantling activity to ensure booth guidelines are being followed in accordance to APA Exhibitor Rules & Regulations.
- Monitor booth service orders (delivered, missing, etc.) in tandem with GSC
- Monitor no-shows to condense floor space for possible lounge areas.
- Assist Associate Director with advance booth sales onsite to include check-in, assigning booth space, issue confirmations and invoices and monitor missed appointments.
- Make daily exhibit hall announcements.
- Prepare the RFP, handle the negotiations and selection of all exhibit service suppliers.
- Collaborate with General Counsel Department in executing contracts with various vendors.
- Develop security schedules for the exhibit hall, sessions and other ancillary areas
- Supervise security personnel at events
- Serve as liaison to contracted security company and hold daily meetings to review issues and changes
- Assist with reviewing and approving event orders from facilities and vendors in advance of the meeting. Proof against specifications and ensure requirements are accurate.
- Assist with invoice reconciliation for IPS and Annual Meeting.
Booth Sales & Sponsorships
- Assist in the sales process for exhibits sand sponsorship opportunities.
- Assists the Associate Director for Exhibits with production and copyediting Exhibitor Prospectus, show guide, and all the marketing materials.
- Assist in promoting exhibit sales for the Annual Meeting and IPS in processing payments and responding to inquiries and requests.
- Make booth changes in the exhibit module as necessary.
- Create and maintain online Exhibitor Service Center to include pertinent information for exhibitor participation (i.e. Exhibitor Kit, registration, housing, FAQ, exhibitor checklist and other exhibitor information.
- Supply website updates for upload and sales process to APA website.
- Assist in the logistical support of sponsorships pre-show and onsite.
- Assist the Associate Director in identifying sponsorship opportunities, locations, logistical requirements. Provide information to GSC for upload on the sponsorship module.
Perform other duties as needed.