Job Purpose: The Special Event and Social Outreach Coordinator will provide logistical and administrative support to the organization’s special events that, in turn, build and strengthen our brand, community relationships and departmental programs. The position will also lead and coordinate community outreach events and the Whiskers at Work program.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide marketing and event support for annual Pet Walk and Paw It Forward. This includes handling vendor relationships, volunteer tracking and support, staff support, data entry, day-of-event logistics and other tasks as assigned.
- Provide RSVP information, date tracking and attendee follow up to the philanthropy team to increase donations.
- Event set up and break down, caterer contact and other vendor and logistics tasks as assigned.
- Act as primary contact for SPCA Tampa Bay Whiskers at Work (WAW) events at local businesses. In collaboration with Digital Marketing/Social Media Creator and CMO, identify and confirm locations and appropriate events. Act as event lead for WAW events, attending and recruiting volunteers and staff to support these events. Ensure invoicing is completed.
- Act as primary contact and lead for monthly SPCA Tampa Bay Yappy Hours, Dog Yoga and tabling events in the community. In collaboration with the marketing team, identify and confirm locations and appropriate events. Work with Digital Media and Social Media Creator to promote events.
- Provide event, story and social media support for SPCA Tampa Bay Veterinary Center.
- Provide friendly, responsive and personalized customer service.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Participate in required meetings and trainings.
- Professionally represent SPCA Tampa Bay at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent, relevant work place experience.
Licensure or Certification:
- Valid Florida driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- 1-3 years of event coordination experience
- Experience with social media and database programs
- Prior experience working for a non-profit organization strongly preferred
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
- Comfortable with public-facing meetings, being on camera and interactions with community/donors/constituents.
- Superior time management skills.
- Strong animal handling skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive/confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to respond quickly to change.
- Detail oriented with a high level of accuracy.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment.
- Light physical effort – regularly lifting or moving less than 25 pounds.
- Walking and prolonged standing.
- Stooping, kneeling, bending and crouching.
- Carrying, pushing and/or pulling.
- Occasional exposure to high noise levels, such as in dog kennels.
- Occasional exposure to animal feces and potential for scratches and bites.
- Activities require the handling and transporting of SPCA pets.
- Ability to work flexible hours including some nights and weekends.
- Community outreach in a variety of environments including indoor and outdoor.
- Reliable transportation.
- Bilingual- Spanish and English a plus.
- Ability to pass required background checks.