**This posting is for a future opportunity of a hire date around August 2020**
Vectorform is known as a dynamic and creative company specializing in the creation of emerging digital experiences for the world's leading brands. As a team of designers, engineers, entrepreneurs, and intellectuals, Vectorform's mission is to invent products, services, and processes that result in meaningful and exceptional human experiences.
Objective of the role
Represent VF as a member of a larger, multi-vendor project team at VF Client. Will need to coordinate development work to be done by VF web developers and understand how VF’s work interacts/integrates with the development work of other vendors at VF-Client. This is key to being able to schedule sprints and ensure that VF’s work is in line with the deliverables from and to other Vendor’s development areas/initiatives. Having a technical background/knowledge of automotive firmware projects, processes and standards will be vital to the success of the project work.
Core Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensure projects are completed on time, on budget, within scope, and of the highest overall quality
- Ensure project documentation is completed, current, shared, and stored appropriately. Review, inform, and sign-off on contracts or agreements to ensure they have the best interest of all parties and are achievable within the restraints provided.
- Provide project plans with the ability to create a project plan in MS Project or MS Excel and remove blockers to allow the team to work efficiently on their tasks
- Maintain high morale across team members (Internal/External)
- Manage client and team expectations throughout the project
- Identify and forecast company and project risks to avoid 'Firedrills' and potential disasters before they happen
- Improve the profitability of projects through process improvement and process management with the project and project team
- Provide visibility and improve collaboration for project teams and client stakeholders
- Report project information to executive team members to help ensure company goals, resources, and efforts are correctly aligned.
- Make and/or inform decisions on the project that keeps everyone's best interest in mind
- Identify and coordinate teams and skillsets to best complete a project
- Manage the processes and tools used by the teams to complete their tasks
Project Manager Profile and Primary Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to analyze business opportunities and problems, and develop project proposal justifications which include proposed solutions, strategic rationale and cost/benefit analyses, success measures, broad implications, milestones, critical success factors, initial risk assessments, and alternatives considered
- Oversee development of developer-ready business requirements by focusing on defined scope and reinforcing customer perspective while defining how the project will be managed and establish overarching project management plan
- Create various documents such as resource plans, project schedules, work breakdown structures, release/iteration plans, communication plans, risk management plans, issues logs, and action and decision logs
- Manage project plans to scope, identifying and implementing corrective action plans to meet scope, time, and cost constraints
- Maintain project org charts and provide calendar support, scheduling managing logistics of meetings, prepare and distribute minutes, follows up on any next steps to assure completion
- Lead project teams through all the project phases and guide team in prioritizing work based upon knowledge of customer requirements, project schedule, and various dependencies.
- Communicate regularly with PMO on the processes to ensure decision-making and delivery management activities are focused on achieving project goals, addressing risks, and fulfilling stakeholder requirements
- Communicate regularly with the client on project milestones, plans, status, and progress, adjusts project plans and/or resources per discussions with the client
- Assist with the development and support of local Project Management Office policies, procedures, and best practices
- Lead multiple projects of varying complexity concurrently, which can include remote team members
- Demonstrates mastery in detecting and mitigating risks, as well as implementing appropriate risk mitigation strategies, effectively use a big picture viewpoint to identify and negotiate adjustments to allocation of work across different releases and/or phases, and remove barriers
- Oversee quality review process. Facilitates and contributes to lessons learned reviews with project teams. Recommends and/or implements process improvements based on findings.