SUMMARY: Plans, organizes, coordinates and implements lifeguarding for the Aquatics Division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor activities at the 14 neighborhood pools (1 smaller community waterpark) 3 heated (year-around pools) and 5 spray grounds..
- Conduct or coordinate all lifeguard training, in-service training, and staff meetings for seasonal staff.
- Assist Superintendent with budget preparation, monitoring of expenses and preparation of purchase orders.
- Check out/in lifeguard equipment, monitor condition of equipment inventory and make recommendations if replacement is needed.
- Assist in facility preparation for pool season by ensuring pools staffed accordingly.
- Prepare reports and schedules. Review, audit and ensure compliance with guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Prepare incident, accident and damage reports and monthly activity/performance reports.
- Maintain records, files and reports.
- Coordinate with the Human Resources department in maintaining seasonal staffing files including hiring, firing, disciplinary actions, schedules, certifications paperwork.
- Coordinate the preparation of flyers, brochures, news releases and other promotional material with the Community Relations department. Promote pools and lifeguard recruitment and services to residents in person and by phone.
- Answer phones; answer routine questions or direct call to appropriate staff member; take message as needed.
- Assist with other programs, events and special projects as required.
- Order lifeguard supplies, training supplies, office equipment, and uniforms.
- Safety sensitive position subject to the Random Drug Screen Policy.
- Must meet and maintain the requirements of the driver safety policy.
- Employee may be required to work special events on nights, weekends or holidays.
Directly supervises seasonal staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
This is a full-time, year-around position. Non-traditional work schedule during the recruitment/training season for lifeguards (January 1 – opening day of pool season) and the Pool Season (example: May 9 – September 6, 2020), hours will be flexible and will include weekend, weekday, holiday or nights with two days off during with work week example: Tuesday/Wednesday.