This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Membership Representative at the YMCA of Tuscaloosa maintains a supportive, positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals. The Membership Representative responds to member and guest needs and promotes memberships and programs.
- Responds to the individual needs of the other person.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the Y and on the phone, contributing to member retention. Maintains cleanliness and organization of the lobby area.
- Conduct interviews and/or tours responsive to the needs of prospective members; sells memberships.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with volunteers and members and helps members connect with one another and the Y.
- Serves others by intentionally welcoming, connecting, and supporting members, and inviting them to get involved and give back to the community.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
- May hand out locker keys and towels; may monitor the locker rooms as required.
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications required within 30 days of hire.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
- Basic knowledge of computers.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must possess acceptable hearing and visual capabilities in order to monitor environment and children’s well-being.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. in various forms.
- May be required to sit, stand, or maintain physical activity for extended periods of time outdoors.
- Physically, actively engage in play and sports.