The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The New York City Department of Health (DOHMH) has received funding via the Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity (ELC) grant from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to conduct serologic and population health surveys to characterize the spread of COVID-19 across NYC and to determine its impact on the city. This position, which will work on the COVID-19 Surveys Project, is funded through May 2023. This position will report to the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Gotham Center, 42-09 28th Street, Queens, NY 11101.
The COVID-19 Surveys Data Analyst will be responsible for conducting data analysis and producing reports for COVID-19 surveys in NYC. This position reports to the COVID-19 Surveys Project Manager in the Bureau of Epidemiology Services, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. The Data Analyst will also provide support to COVID-19 related analysis for Health Data for NYC (HD4NYC) collaborative health equity research projects.
The COVID-19 Surveys Data Analyst will work with a Health Department team to:
- Perform management, cleaning, and analysis of population and serosurvey data using statistical software, incorporating weighting for complex survey design
- Manage and analyze administrative and survey datasets for HD4NYC COVID-19 projects
- Work with other data analysts to check each others work
- Maintain confidentiality of study data
- Attend research team meetings for COVID-19 and HD4NYC analytic projects
- Oversee the development of routine data reports customized for internal and external stakeholders
- Create documentation and analysis plans to describe the analyses