The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level administrative support to the Executive Director and other members of the Executive Leadership Team.
Seeking candidates with excellent organizational, interpersonal and communications skills who are service oriented, have a high-level of emotional intelligence, a pleasant telephone manner, attention to detail and follow-up and poise under pressure.
- Serve as initial contact/resource person for the Executive Director and other members of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT). Ensure timely communication with all partners within DOHMH offices and other City agencies, as well as donors and prospects, contractors, community-based organizations, elected officials and state and federal organizations.
- Proactively manage the offices of the ELT including answering and screening calls, managing the ELT’s calendars, scheduling internal and external meetings.
- Support planning and organization of meetings, as needed, and travel for the ELT.
- Attend key meetings as requested, prepare agendas, take minutes and facilitate meeting follow-up.
- Coordinate quarterly Board of Directors meetings, including preparation of reports, collating of documents, distribution of Board packets ordering catering, and taking Board minutes.
- Create and develop visual presentations, speeches, promotional materials, and other presentation materials for the ELT.
- Coordinate event planning and implementation, including venue selection, invitation development and distribution, logistical planning and staff events.
- Compose, distribute and file organization correspondence.
- Maintain Board minute book, ED contacts, and other vital organizational documents and databases, as directed.
- Coordinate the signing, sending and processing of all documents requiring the authorization of the Executive Director’s and other ELT members’ office.
- Review articles and reports about public health topics for distribution to ELT and staff; conduct internet research on specific topics, summarize findings.
- Work independently, and within a team, on special short and long-term projects, which may include planning and coordinating multiple presentations, and disseminating information, and organizing organization-wide events.
- Assist in management of systems which track the work of organization.
- Support other teams (ie: Development and Grants and Contracts) related to projects as needed.
- Manage Central Office documents in the Shared Drive.
- Other duties as assigned.