Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Accountability Overall
The Tubing Hill Supervisor is responsible to manage daily operations of the Soldier Hollow Tubing Hill. Responsible for providing a high level of customer service and safety to all Soldier Hollow tubing guests. Responsible to train, schedule and overall supervision of tubing hill leads and crew. This position is also responsible to coordinate closely with Mountain Operations to ensure that the hill, conveyor lift, and other equipment are properly groomed and maintained at all times.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Tubing Hill Operations
- Oversee active safety management.
- Assist Public Program Mgr. to hire leads and crew for winter season.
- Training tubing hill staff.
- Scheduling shift leads and crew.
- Organizing orientation and getting all new hire paperwork completed.
- Oversee functionality and day to day running of the hill.
- Responsible for safety of all tube hill employees.
- Responsible for safety of all customers.
- Review and oversee all daily logbooks.
- Coordinate with Mountain Ops on daily maintenance of Lift(s).
- Maintain snow base at load and unload areas.
- Daily checks and repairs to any lifts, cables, runs, equipment
- Maintain log of hours for lifts.
- Contact for UDOT, State Ropeway Engineer, annual inspections etc.
- Training Supervisors daily lift operations and maintenance.
- Maintain Tube Inventory
- Maintain proper inflation levels
- Patch and repair tubes as needed
- Keep logs of good, bad, tubes
- Send tubes back to vender for refurbishing as needed.
- Communicate with tube vender as needed.
- Familiar with scheduling, motivating and supervising employees
- Customer and Guest service skills a plus
- Providing a fun and positive work atmosphere
Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes.
- Ability to lift 20 pounds.
- Must be able to stand on feet for extended time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing – to converse with others in a normal conversation.
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting.
Required In-House Training
- UAF Orientation
- Sexual Harassment
- Drug & Alcohol
- Hazardous Communications Program
- Other training as required
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.