Work with Energy Manager in planning, installation, repair and replacement of electrical projects at all UOLF Venues. Venues include Utah Olympic Park in Park City, Utah Olympic Oval in Kearns and Soldier Hollow Nordic Center in Midway. Training will be provided by a Master Electrician. After one year of Electrician Helper status, may work into Electrical Apprentice sponsorship.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Duties
Help Energy Manager with the following duties.
- Electrical troubleshooting and repair in accordance with current electrical codes and standards.
- Repair of existing electrical equipment and controls including wiring, pumps, motors, compressors and generators.190pair existing lighting system.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues at venues.
- Inspect, test, calibrate and record readings for a variety of electrical systems.
- Improve existing electrical systems at venues.
- Assist in sporting/special events as needed.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Ability to multi-task, with strong attention to detail
- Must work well in a team environment
- Some electrical experience helpful but not required.
- Must have a desire to learn.
- Graduation from a High School or GED equivalent.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Flexible work schedule – must be available to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays and events.
Environmental Job Requirements
- Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather conditions.
- Ability to work in confined spaces and at heights above 50’
- Ability to lift 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing – to converse with others in a normal conversation
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting
Required In-House Training
- UAF Orientation
- Sexual Harassment
- Drug & Alcohol
- Hazardous Communications Program
- Other training as required
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.