ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities described below are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the basic functions of this position. While every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of the position, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
1. Promote the mission and core values of the Residence and LCB Senior Living to residents,
visitors, co-workers and the surrounding community.
2. As an associate you are expected to have an active role in growing community occupancy by
representing and interacting positively with potential residents, family members and professionals.
3. Thoroughly cleaning the bathrooms; toilet, vanity, sink, shower, shower seat and floor with cleaning solution.
4. Cleans kitchen areas completely; wipes counters and under objects, mops kitchen floors.
5. Empty wastebaskets and replace bags.
6. Dusting and polishing all surfaces.
7. Wipe off all surfaces; windowsills, woodwork and counters.
8. Cleaning carpets including vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, disinfecting, etc.
9. Cleaning all common areas and common bathrooms on a daily basis, and as often as needed.
10. Maintains housekeeping carts in clean, orderly manner.
11. Any other assigned duties.
12. Attends required in-service training and orientations.
13. Removing, folding and returning bed linens.
14. Wash and fold linens.
15. Fill other positions as needed when someone is out.
16. Cleans and washes windows
17. Cleans and dusts blinds
18. General pick-up outside as needed.
19. Other duties as requested.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Good physical and mental health. Finger and hand dexterity to handle and manipulate instruments and equipment. Visual and auditory acuity. Must be able to lift a minimum of twenty-five (25) lbs., and be able to carry objects. Must be able to push and pull carts, and continuously walk, sit and stand. Must be able to turn, crouch, kneel, stoop, bend below waist, and reach above shoulder height as tasks dictate. Must use good body mechanics. Must be able to use cleaning equipment, such as mops, brooms, vacuum cleaners, buffers, and chemicals in a safe manner. Must be able to perform routine, repetitive tasks with consideration for residents, visitors, and any worker in the area. Must project a positive attitude towards the service provided.
Associate may be subject to potential exposure to blood or other potentially infectious materials, and to handling hazardous chemicals (either Category 1 or 2).