SKILLS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- A Veteran Specialist must be 18 years of age or older with a minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Appropriate and professional dress is expected.
- This position requires a special aptitude for confidentiality, organizational skills and good interpersonal skills. The Veteran Specialist must provide excellent customer service.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: The Veteran Specialist may spend long periods of time in a sitting position (95% of the day). He/she/they will use a computer, which will involve repetitive finger, hand and wrist motion and being able to see the computer screen (95% of the day). Since the position calls for intake communication, the Veteran Specialist must have the ability to talk and hear (100% of the day). Other physical exertion could involve walking, climbing stairs, lifting, stretching, bending, and etc. (10% of the day).
- The Veteran Specialist may occasionally need to make on-site visits to participants where they are (shelter, streets, day program, in-home, family’s home, motel, etc.), agencies, and employers. Often these on-site visits are at a distance from the office, where no regular means of public transportation exists.
- Overnight travel is rare, but may be required for training and as part of the program.
- An Intake Specialist may transport a participant as part of his/her job duties.
- A reliable means of transportation, valid California licensing and insurance is required.
- He/she/they must successfully pass a screening for illicit drug use prior to employment.
- He/she/they must possess a record clear from past criminal activity and submit to a Department of Justice Criminal activity background check.
- CCC’s client case management platform requires employees to utilize a mobile smart device(i.e. cell phone/tablet) with reliable internet connectivity and data to complete certain essential job tasks. This position requires the employee to have a mobile smart device available to perform certain required essential functions, for which reasonable reimbursement is provided to the employee.