We are looking for an outgoing, enthusiastic Activities Assistant for our Reflections Memory Care Community. The Activities Assistant will run games, trivia, and learning programs as well as assist with Resident outings and crafts. Must be fluent in FUN and ready to embrace the culture here at The Residence at Salem Woods. Creativity and fresh ideas wanted, positive attitude a must! Come join our team.
- Excellent Benefits beginning day 1
- Meals provided daily
- Supportive work environment
- Tuition reimbursement
- Travel stipend for those who qualify
Assists the Resident Engagement Director in providing active and passive, group and individual resident engagement, which enhance the emotional, physical, spiritual and social needs of residents and allows residents to continue playing an active role in society.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities described below are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the basic functions of this position. While every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of the position, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or is an essential function of the position.
1. Promote the mission and core values of the Residence and LCB Senior Living to residents, visitors, co-workers and the surrounding community.
2. As an associate you are expected to have an active role in growing community occupancy by representing and interacting positively with potential residents, family members and professionals.
3. Assist in the Planning, developing, organizing, and implementation of all residence activities.
4. Develop suggestions and ideas for improving and expanding the Activities Program.
5. Maintains a professional, warm and caring relationship with residents and families.
6. Establish and maintains good community relations and contacts with the community.
7. Assist in arranging transportation and escorts for residents to and from outside and community activities.
8. Assist with maintaining and expanding Volunteer Programs.
9. Assist residents with maintaining and operating the residence store.
10. Assist with maintaining adequate supplies per department budget.
11. Assist residents to and from activities.
12. Assist with monthly newsletter and/or weekly calendar.
13. Attend required on-going in-service training sessions and orientation.
14. Responds to resident’s needs.
15. Driving residents in van as needed.
16. Perform dual tasks and work independently.
17. Perform all duties and responsibilities with a positive attitude.
18. Other duties as requested.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Good physical and mental health. Finger and hand dexterity to handle and manipulate instruments and equipment. Visual and auditory acuity. Must be able to lift a minimum of fifteen (15) lbs., and be able to carry objects. Must be able to push and pull carts, and continuously walk, sit and stand. Must be able to turn, crouch, kneel, stoop, bend below waist, and reach above shoulder height as tasks dictate. Must use good body mechanics. Should be neat and well groomed. Must be able to type and use a computer. Must project a positive attitude towards the service provided.