Principal Functions: The Marketing Strategist manages the strategic marketing for parish communications and programming. This individual is responsible for the design and execution of market research and campaigns to understand and reach our existing audience and identify future parishioners.
Qualifications for the Position:
- Ability to bring multi-faceted projects to completion.
- Ability to communicate direction for programs and events effectively with ministry leaders and administrative personnel.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize responsibilities, and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrable experience with marketing campaigns and web technologies (e.g. online tools, social media, etc.)
- Understanding of web design in relation to marketing best practices.
- Knowledge of and experience with SEO/SEM, Google Analytics, digital advertising, market research, social media, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in marketing or related field.
- Proven work experience as a marketing strategist or marketing manager.
- Technologically savvy and experienced with a variety of software programs, including content management systems. Willing to adapt and learn new systems as needed.
- Commitment to support the mission of The Church of St. John the Divine and the Episcopal Church.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop a cohesive marketing strategy for the church to welcome more parishioners and participants to our ministries, while ensuring brand consistency.
- Design, implement, and maintain digital marketing campaigns, including on social media platforms and with Google AdWords; build social media presence and increase web traffic.
- Manage local and organic SEO/SEM.
- Conduct comprehensive market research to help ministries identify and understand current audiences and identify potential new external audiences.
- Generate programming ideas and content recommendations to ministry leaders based on market research.
- Analyze campaign results and ministry outcomes; conduct focus groups, and solicit parishioner and participant feedback to ensure success, satisfaction, and achievement of stated goals.
- Liaise with internal teams to understand ministry goals and recommend strategic marketing solutions.
- Develop business cases to support new marketing strategies, budget requests, and projects.