Kids in the Game Customer Experience Summer VISTA
Join Our Movement to Inspire the Next Generation!
Kids in the Game sport and enrichment-based programs can be found in schools and communities across New York City, serving thousands of children every year. Our goal is to provide positive experiences and opportunities through sports and creative play. We inspire kids to embrace new experiences, adopt a healthy lifestyle, and build integrity. Our work is focused on achieving five ultimate impacts:
- Enhancing emotional intelligence
- Creating a positive sense of self
- Developing NYC into the nation’s top talent hub
- Integrating our communities
- Narrowing the income inequality gaps
We believe that what sets us apart is who we are and how we connect with people. We are a Certified B Corporation and we’re committed to doing business for good. We are striving every day to have a positive impact in the lives of our youth, and we believe that it all starts with being the best part of their day. To learn more about our programs and our team, visit www.kidsinthegame.com.
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a Customer Experience superstar to support the work of our Marketing, Development and Customer Success team. This role reports directly to the Senior Customer Success Manager and supports the Marketing Assistant. This individual interfaces with our community publicly, our customers privately, and the Kids in the Game team internally. This position is more than just responding to emails, phones and support tickets – we’re looking for someone to cultivate positive relationships with our community and have a forward-thinking approach when it comes to strategy and implementation.
This is an in-person position based in New York City. As a piece of the role, the Customer Experience VISTA might be asked to work fairs, clinics, and other events/hours on weekends to help promote the Kids in the Game programs and stay in touch with and best support our customer base (schools and families).
As the Customer Experience VISTA, you will be employed by the Up2Us Sports VISTA with Kids in the Game as your host-site. This is a service role designed to to help end the cycle of poverty through intentional youth sports and education programming. The Up2Us Sports VISTA Summer Associates will be placed at Kids in the Game to support the Marketing Team.
Term Dates: June 12th through August 11th (9 weeks)
- Must be able to work 9am-5pm Monday through Friday during these weeks.
- Summer VISTA Stipend: $4,625.46
- End of Term Bonus
- Educational Award: $1,459.26
- End of Service Award: $311
You’ll know this role is for you if…
- You thrive off connecting with people and making their day a little better for having interacted with you.
- You feel a sense of accomplishment knowing you’ve helped with an issue or created value for someone.
- Technology is intriguing and something you enjoy diving into and testing.
- You enjoy solving puzzles.
- You know that the key to a successful business is the behind-the-scenes work that goes into it, even if it isn’t the most exciting part.
The key functions of your role will include:
- Engage with prospective customers via website chat, phone calls, emails and scheduled marketing events.
- Act as customer support lead. Oversee and manage all customer support tickets with high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Analyze repeat inquiries for opportunities to improve response practices to reduce confusion and number of incoming inquiries.
- Establish best practices for our customer service protocols.
- Utilize and master registration, CRM and project management platforms.
- Stay up-to-date with our program calendar and new program details to anticipate questions and comments.
- Help set up and coordinate community events to engage families that may be interested in Kids in the Game programs, clinics or camps.
- Capture customer data through online / registration tools; integrate data into our CRM
- Aid with processes related to customer support (ex. payment processing, form collection, health record, etc)
- Conduct market research via surveys, interviews, focus groups, on-site observation, etc) and analyze reports
- Connect with the Kids in the Game team internally to ensure all stakeholders have necessary relevant information.
What We’ll Love About You
- Is resourceful and comfortable operating autonomously, but won’t hesitate to ask questions when they arise.
- Never leaves messages unanswered.
- Has a passion for sports-based youth development.
- Can handle influxes in workload and executes tasks on time with a high level of attention to detail.
- Works very well with other people and is an effective communicator.
- Handles conversations with composure and empathy.
- Loves learning new things.
- Is able to use technology as a driving force.
- Open to feedback to continuously improve and grow.