Reports To: Middle School Director of Athletics
When Needed: Spring 2020
University Prep is seeking a talented, engaging and compassionate Middle School Boys Ultimate Frisbee Coach to help us advance our vision of being an inclusive community of learners that provides an outstanding education for each individual in a diverse student population. We are looking for an individual committed to the academic, social and emotional needs and fluctuations of middle school students; someone who can work effectively independently as well as part of a team. We need a leader who understands best practices in teaching ultimate Frisbee and who is passionate about teaching to middle school students and enhancing student life. We are looking for staff and faculty who share our belief that a culturally rich and inclusive school community provides students with the best possible environment for a quality education. If that sounds like you, we’d like to hear from you.
Who We Are:
University Prep is an independent 6-12 school located in an urban residential section of Seattle, WA, one of the country’s most diverse and dynamic cities. We are a strong and vibrant community of students, families, faculty, staff, and alumni who collaboratively create an exceptional educational experience for every student. The School is a place of great teaching and joyful learning; a community that joins together to raise up our children to be caring and productive adults; a place where all students and families have equitable access to all the school has to offer, and a place where we aspire for every family and student to feel equally enfranchised and at home. To us, diversity and inclusivity are not addenda, they are embodied in all facets of our school culture. University Prep believes that our shared values of integrity, respect, and responsibility are essential to accomplish our mission of developing each student’s potential to become an intellectually courageous, socially responsible citizen of the world.
Under general supervision, leads the Boys Ultimate Frisbee team. Season begins on End of February and concludes mid-May. Practices held twice a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:00-4:30) and games are held on weekdays.
- Teaches appropriate fundamentals, techniques and skills
- Is responsible for health and safety of the athletes
- Articulates a well-defined and understandable coaching philosophy
- Applies developmentally appropriate and age appropriate methods to coaching student-athletes
- Emphasizes sportsmanship and leadership among athletes
- Clearly communicates to players, parents, administrators and staff
- Positively motivates athletes and promote teamwork
- Attends all meetings and trainings as required by the league and/or Athletic Director
- Is familiar with and complies with all policies and regulations as put forth in the school’s documents
- Since safety and security are everyone’s responsibility, takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, faculty, staff, equipment, materials and facilities
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Salary Stipend is based on experience and ranges from $1,800 to $2,200
- Stipend is paid in three installments (March 31st, April 30th, and May 29th)