Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for an Overnight Guest Services Associate to join the Emergency Shelters team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Overnight Guest Services Associate oversees the activities and areas of the Phinney Ridge Winter Satellite Shelter and those engaged therein. The Guest Services Associate will uphold the Mission/Vision of Seattle's Union Gospel Mission (The Mission) by: being an imitator of Jesus Christ and representative of The Mission to all guests, performing as a God-honoring steward of Mission property, and as a monitor of guest activity while on Mission property. This position may require weekend and holiday hours.
Our Emergency Shelters team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
These positions will begin on November 1, 2019, and are expected to end on or before April 30, 2020.
2-3 shifts per week, 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM
Essential Job Duties
- Perform as a God-honoring steward of the Mission property and Church property, including job related equipment and facilities.
- Monitor all safety and fire hazards, as well as guest activity.
- Assist guests with using the restroom.
- Due to the sensitive nature of these job functions we are only able to consider males.
- Maintain records of guest and all mat assignments.
- Facilitate the requesting and fulfillment of clothing, hygiene supplies, etc., for guests.
- Coordinate guest orientation, which includes: guest registration, sign-in, sleeping arrangement, blanket assignment, community code of conduct, and shelter space and amenities.
- Complete data entry of new and existing guests, staff logs, and incident reports as necessary.
- Responsible for set-up and tear down of overnight shelter to include: taking all shelter materials out of trailer and setting it up according to protocol. Clean up of the shelter space during the evening and morning, and ensure all shelter equipment is placed securely in trailer in the morning.
- Be available to equip, encourage, and work with outside volunteers.
- Perform urine analysis drug tests.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant, professional Christian attitude.
- Connect guests to resources that will help them move out of homelessness
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.