SOCIETY OF ST. VINCENT DE PAUL
COUNCIL OF LOS ANGELES
Department of Social Services – Job Announcement
Cardinal Manning Center Program Coordinator
HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN OUR COMMUNITY! Please join the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, Los Angeles (SVDPLA) in its mission to serve those in need. We currently have an opening for a full time, Program Coordinator position in our Social Services Department at the Cardinal Manning Center (CMC). The Cardinal Manning Center is a 65-bed homeless shelter for men and operates a Drop-In Center serving people in need. The CMC is located in the skid row section of downtown Los Angeles.
The Program Coordinator will be the lead, in concert with the management team, in the planning, organizing, and implementation of the Cardinal Manning Center Interim Housing Programs’ (LAHSA & DMH) program policies and processes; as well as the those of the Drop-In Center programming, which includes the Computer Lab. The Program Coordinator will interact with program participants, agency staff, and partner organizations, and attend meetings as assigned. They will also have the responsibility to supervise and coordinate the work of volunteers for each program. The position reports to the Program Director of Social Services.
- Be an active and positive representative of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul Cardinal Manning Center at all times;
- Manage the coordination of LAHSA Interim Housing Program participant referrals, selection, and move-in process in consultation with case management staff under the direction of the Social Services Program Director;
- Assist the Social Services Program Director with the implementation of the Interim Housing programs, compliance with contract guidelines, and quality assurance, and provide related support to the case management team;
- Conduct frequent, and regular client chart documentation reviews, both physical and electronic files, to ensure contractual compliance and reliable data outcomes;
- Monitor and review HMIS client database (Homeless Management Information System) to ensure the accuracy of CMC IHP client data, case managers notes, and to ensure that schedules are met, guidelines are adhered to, and performance outcomes are met;
- Generate HMIS reports for a) reporting program status and outcomes to the Social Services Program Director, and b) quality assurance by locating and documenting errors, and reporting these to the Program Director and case management staff for the corrective plan(s) of action;
- Assist in coordinating and managing partnerships with other Social Services providers.
- Assist IHP case managers with Housing resources, applications, and related issues.
- Develop and expand Housing Partnerships with Social Service agencies and formalize internal procedures for completion of housing applications;
- Provide leadership for implementation of all Drop-In Center programming, including daily community lunch program, Computer Lab, special events, and collection and sharing of daily and monthly participation statistics and reports;
- Assist in the development of short and long term goals and implementation plans for CMC’s Drop-In Center and the Interim Housing Programs, monitor progress, assure adherence program guidance, and evaluate performance;
- Conduct outreach activities coordination with partner agencies, and volunteers specific to CMC’s Drop-In Center operations;
- Represent the agency at assigned meetings, including local area Coordinated Entry System (CES) meetings, weekly CMC Case Management Meetings, and others as assigned;
- Collaborate with the CMC Operations Manager and Social Services Program Director to coordinate the implementation of the CMC Disaster Plan, including training, and conducting staff readiness drills.
- Assist in developing training materials and conducting relevant training of case management and other staff; and
- Coordinate and organize information forums for MSW graduate school Interns in Skid Row;
- May be required to provide some case management and work overtime, as needed; and
- Other duties as assigned