The Fund for Public Health in New York City (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW (Epidemiology and Laboratory Capacity for Infectious Diseases Grant (ELC))
The Bureau of Division Management & Systems Coordination (DMSC), part of the Division of Disease Control (DDC), is composed of the Informatics, Data and Outbreak Response teams which are responsible for the infectious disease surveillance systems, electronic laboratory reporting workflow and health information exchange. DMSC supports all other DDC bureaus with monitoring and analyzing trends in disease data, used for the recognition, prevention, and control of infectious diseases.
We are seeking to fill positions in the Division of Disease Control that will provide key support for DOHMH’s COVID-19 work in New York City. It is expected that the position will work 35 hours per week.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO:
- Work with the surveillance team to maintain Electronic Laboratory Reporting (ELR) and implement Electronic Case Reporting (ECR) among health care providers
- Assist in developing a testing and quality management process to expedite onboarding ECR reporting sites
- Conduct data analysis, monitoring and reporting relating to electronic disease surveillance and compliance
- Coordinate electronic case reporting and liaise with health care facilities to implement, maintain and comply with case reporting requirements
- Work closely with external partners to improve data quality and timeliness of reports.
- Ensure data quality and reporting compliance among data reporters
- Interface with health care professionals, technical support staff and surveillance teams to communicate project status and address issues
- Assist with projects to build reports and tools to improve the efficiency of the ECR team.
- Interface with the disease surveillance team and the IT development team on tools to improve the monitoring and management electronic reporting data
- Help monitor system performance to ensure appropriate data transfer in a 24/7 data processing environment
- Clearly document work in letters, guides, technical manuals, and agency issue tracking tools
- Prepare presentations, manuscripts, and reports describing initiatives, systems, methodologies, and results as well as participate and represent DOHMH in conferences, meetings, and seminars