Required Experience, Skills, and Education
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's preferred.
- Must have or be able to qualify for a California Specialist Credential in severely handicapped, visually handicapped or in a related area of special education.
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills for interacting with students, parents, colleagues, and community.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a program team, creativity, flexibility, energy, a positive attitude, and commitment to program excellence are highly desirable traits.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Foundation staff and parents.
All employees must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus as a condition of employment. Wayfinder will consider exemptions from this requirement as a reasonable accommodation due to medical contraindication, disability, or sincerely held religious belief or practice will be considered.
Wayfinder requires a thorough background screening process that includes fingerprinting and a health screening.
Wayfinder is committed to Diversity, Equity, Accessibility, and Inclusion.
Wayfinder believes diversity, equity, accessibility, and inclusion are essential to our excellence and our mission's execution. We value differences in the pursuit of inquiry and knowledge, mutual understanding, respect, trust, transparency, and cooperation. We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve and includes individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences. Individuals of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and differently-abled persons are encouraged to apply.
Wayfinder is an Equal Opportunity Employer.