Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Senior Video Producer to join the Marketing team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Senior Video Producer is responsible for providing story content utilizing digital media in support of the Missions Marketing goals and objectives. This is a high performance, high-output position. Deliverables include a range of audio and/or video announcements to full feature market-specific communications. Both video and still photography expertise is required to fulfill content needs.
Our Marketing team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Occasional weekends, evenings, and holidays may be required.
Essential Job Duties
- Conceptualize, design, shoot, edit and coordinate the production of video to be used in furthering the Missions goals; fundraising, marketing and educational efforts as well as internal needs.
- Coordinate video and photography projects by gathering stories and conducting interviews with Mission guests, volunteers and staff.
- Still photography and integration with graphic design.
- Manage library of videos and photography for mission-wide access
- Duplicate and distribute video and audio pieces in various formats to Mission employees, the general public and client agencies as needed.
- Recruit and coordinate both contracted and volunteer free-lance photographers as needed.
- Maintain, repair and troubleshoot equipment; maintain inventories and order supplies to ensure that adequate quantities are on hand when needed.
- Work with and train other Mission staff and volunteers in video/audio production.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging technologies in digital communications and how those can be applied towards the Missions goals and objectives.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and trainings, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattle's Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Missions Core Values.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Seattle's Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- Possess a valid Washington State Drivers License and be able to meet the standards of the Mission driver criteria required, including but not limited to:
- Clean driving record
- No current suspensions or revocations
- At least 21 years of age
- Demonstrated experience managing video projects with multiple staff or free-lance contractors.
- Must be highly skilled in working with digital communications in the areas of video and audio production and non-linear digital editing.
- Proven ability to interview vulnerable populations and produce feature stories required.
- Experience in news and production desired.
- Proficiency in the use of various DV, HDV cameras and ability to capture clean compelling footage required.
- Proficiency in the use of Final Cut Pro and Photoshop and related software required.
- Excellent communication, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple responsibilities at one time required.
- Ability to partner across an organization required.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems through creative thinking required.