JOB PURPOSE: To perform a variety of clerical and administrative functions that enables the distribution of products and/or services for customers and all executive staff members for the Retail Sales Division
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following as well as other duties and responsibilities, which may be assigned. The Sales and Marketing Support Administrator will be the support to retail sales division both for the sales and the marketing teams: providing follow-up and support on projects, tracking, and reporting sales and marketing information and initiatives.
As an employee of True Organic Products, it is everyone’s responsibility to adhere to all safety and company policies including: the Injury and Illness Prevention Program, Food Safety and the employee handbook.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Performs assignments in accordance with established safety policies and procedures.
- Adheres to the Quality Policy, including all items assigned to this position in accordance with safety policies, procedures, and work instructions.
- Maintains compliance with California and Federal Employment Laws, Regulations and Court Rulings.
- Sends COA’s, Sales Orders, Labels, OMRI Certs, and SDS to customers who need them
- Covering calls for Salesmen when unavailable (sick, vacation, SLT, trainings, appointments, ETC.)
- Complies with the code of conduct and standards set forth in the TOP Employee Handbook.
- Answers telephone and give information to callers, take messages, or transfer calls to the appropriate individuals.
- Completes forms in accordance with company procedures.
- Greets visitors and callers, handles their inquiries, and directs them to the appropriate personnel according to their needs.
- Sets up and maintains paper and electronic filing systems for records and other materials as needed.
- Conducts searches to find needed information, using such sources as the Internet.
- Operates electronic mail systems and coordinates the flow of information internally and with other organizations.
- The liaison for contractors and consultants for retail Sales Division.
- Facilities from concept to completion the needs of the Sales and Marketing team to include project updates on all required activities and projects.
- Provides assistance to customers, such as order placement marketing programs and account information.
- Supports other clerical staff and provide training and orientation to new staff.
- Operates office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and uses computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Be willing on occasion to travel to company and customer facilities and locations.
- Be willing to work weekends if needed for customer seasonal training and marketing events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- BA in Agriculture, business, sales and marketing preferred; AA in general education required and/or a combination of education and experience.
- Previous 2 years customer service or sales experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS and WORK ENVIRONMENT: Physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Employee frequently is required to sit. Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25-30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Position requires the employee to work at the computer on average of 50%-75% of the time.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The work environment is indoors in a typical office environment.
- Environment at plant is dirty, dusty, odiferous, and 24/7 in all types of weather.