Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a LINK Program Case Manager to join the Guest Services of Emergency Shelters team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The LINK Program Case Manager is responsible for supporting the Men’s Shelter’s efforts to end homelessness by recruiting, developing, resourcing, educating, and equipping clean and sober men in Emergency Services to address the issues that lead to homelessness.
Our Emergency Shelters team is looking for its newest member to help and reintegrate guests from the street to employment and housing and we think that could be you!
Mondays and Wednesday - Friday from 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM, Tuesday from 12:00 PM - 8:30 PM, with one Saturday shift per month.
Essential Job Duties
- Be an informed expert in the field of homelessness in Seattle, particularly as related to relational dysfunction.
- Build relationships and partnerships with local churches and schools, inviting them to enter into the fight to end homelessness.
- Provide and facilitate – alongside volunteers - the Guest environment that relationally shares with guests the full range of resources available to assist them, especially the Men’s Ministry Recovery Program (MMRP) in overcoming the conditions that cause homelessness.
- Conduct intake interviews for men wishing to enter the LINK Program of Emergency Services.
- Conduct restroom checks
- Administer observed urine collections for drug screening of guests.
- Due to the sensitive nature of these essential job duties we are only able to consider males for this position.
- Write daily and monthly reports, facilitate program classes, lead community meetings, network with outside resources and other necessary administrative works.
- Be a present resource to volunteers as they assist guests in: finding immediate services for guests in crisis, securing stable housing, arranging for payees to stabilize guests’ money management and thereby provide financial assurances for landlord, etc.
- Ensure a safe and dignified Guest Relations environment.
- Maintain accurate and timely records of guest interviews and interventions using the professional case note standards of MMRP Case Managers.
- Provide and/or facilitate case management to help move the guest toward agreed upon goals.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant, professional Christian attitude. Work with other staff to forge and model transparent and supportive Christian relationships which will serve as a leadership example for recovery program men.
- Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All staff are encouraged to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization. All employees are expected to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Attend all mandatory Mission and department meetings and trainings.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Mission’s Core Values.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- Possess a valid Washington State Driver’s License and be able to meet the standards of the Mission driver criteria required, including but not limited to:
- Clean driving record
- No current suspensions or revocations
- At least 21 years of age
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills required.
- Ability to manage others required.
- Ability to maintain a positive and friendly personality towards guest, visitors, volunteers and staff required.