Since its beginning in 1946, TST has evolved into a vertically integrated producer, buyer, trader and processor of aluminum scrap and dross.
Today, TST is one of the major American producers of secondary aluminum ingot, billet and cast plate. TST is also a major distributor of primary aluminum foundry ingot, grain refiners and hardeners. Other services include worldwide trading of nonferrous scrap and other aluminum commodities.
We are currently seeking an Environmental Health & Safety Manager for 3 locations in Southern California (Fontana, Chino and Long Beach). If you want to be a part of our growing team, we want to hear from you.
The EHS Manager is responsible for establishing and maintaining an effective safety and environmental culture. Responsible for the administration of company EHS programs and requirements. Works with all regulatory agencies including but not limited to CalOSHA, CalEPA, SCAQMD, DTSC, CUPA, and the State Water Board. Responsible for developing and implementing corporate standards, best practices and ensure continual improvement in all areas of EHS. Carries out Managerial responsibilities in accordance to company policy and applicable laws.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all aspects of State and Federal Regulatory Safety Programs for all company facilities that are obligated by these programs such as: Cal-OSHA Confined Space (Permit Required and Non Permit Required), IIPP, Process Safety Management, Respiratory Protection, Powered Industrial Trucks, Hearing Conservation, Emergency Action Plan, Lock-out/Tag-out, Contractor Safety, etc.
- Ensure company compliance with Environmental regulations and facility permitting requirements (RMP, SWPPP, SPCC, CUPA, SCAQMD, etc)
- Implement, lead and continuously improve EHS policies/procedures, program audits and inspections; reports environmental health and safety performance on a regular basis.
- Administers all aspects of the companies IIPP and additional safety programs.
- Manages the company’s strategic safety plan, audits and updates where needed.
- Responsible for the company’s commitment to improving the environment through waste reduction initiatives.
- Acts as primary liaison to all local and regulatory agencies.
- Develop and conduct training to support prevention initiatives.
- Assists departments in administering specific EHS programs.
- Manages all environmental programs with assistance of VP – General Manager or designee at all sites.
- Tracks and trends company’s industrial injuries, near misses and property damage and investigates their root cause to take corrective action and works with managers to prevent re occurrence.
- Writes and develops safety and environmental programs, documents/reports and maintains records up to date.
- Works with WC insurance loss prevention personnel to implement loss prevention programs.
- Formulates general safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal law as well as CalOSHA.
- Makes environmental and safety recommendations by observation of plant opportunities.
- Prepares and submits safety and environmental reports on timely basis to regulatory agencies.
- Manages and coordinates with any consultant engaged by the company for environmental and safety purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.