Assisting the Store Manager as well as assuming overall responsibility for the management of Dover Street Market Los Angeles and leading the team of retail staff (full time and part-time) to ensure that all objectives are met. The ideal candidate is someone who can infiltrate the business working at all levels overseeing every detail and working with a firm, clear and very professional management style.
- Creating a strong sales driven retail team and training them on DSMLA policies
- Setting the standard for the seamless operation and functioning of the store from day one.
- Ensure the provision of the very best customer service levels and total professionalism at all times.
- The achievement of key financial targets.
- Instilling a common sense of standards and creating a culture of professionalism throughout the whole store using an industrious, calm and measured management approach. Encouraging open dialogue.
- Ensuring that all staff and departments are clear on what the standards are and that they are maintained.
- Maintain the highest standard of housekeeping both on and off the sales floor at all times.
Customer Service and Sales
- Delivering the monthly and seasonal sales targets working closely with the team to do so.
- Provide strong presence and leadership on the shop floors. Maximise sales through strong through strong floor supervision and a mentoring approach.
- Personally selling, directing and driving sales.
- Translate strategic and business goals into concrete and individual action and objectives.
- Ensuring sufficient cover for the floor at all times.
- The growth and development of the FM’s and Retail Team, identifying and initiating any specific training needs.
- Assisting with Monthly Touchbases and Staff Productivity to ensure all team members are aware of their goals and performance.
- Assisting with the weekly staff rota and optimum allocation of staff to ensure operational efficiency.
- Assisting with the implementation of induction program and ongoing training initiatives.
- Assisting to ensuring the statutory Health and Safety Regulations are pro-actively adhered to and dealt with.
Operational / Day-to-Day
- Responsible for the smooth opening and closing of the store each day.
- Delivering concise and motivating morning briefings to set the tone for the day. Communicate figures, snapshot of the day, highlights, lowlights and suggestions to improve the business.
- Ensuring the accurate and correct use of Retail Pro by staff members.
- Daily meeting to advise specific targets / objectives for the day ahead.
- Assisting with Facilities Management – ensuring alarm, fire and Building Maintenance Systems and general upkeep are well maintained and advising the Operations Manager of any problems.
- Manage high level cleanliness at all times.
- Assisting with the management of third parties (cleaners, security) including regular review of performance and contracts.
Financial / Reporting
- Together with the SM/HOR, establish monthly / weekly targets to the store, departments and individuals.
- Weekly meetings with Floor Managers to review and assess departmental performance.
- Generate daily sales report to send to Paris / Tokyo.
- Weekly meeting with SM
- End of season report to be sent to Paris / Tokyo.
- Assisting with keeping costs to a minimum.
- Assisting with the correct management of stock systems
- Providing input for seasonal buying of lines.
- Maintaining a high level of vigilance at all times and ensuring shrinkage is kept to a minimum.
- Working closely with the Concierge Team to ensure all responsibilities, including Farfetch, are carried out to standard and deadline.
- Formally reporting any losses immediately to the Store Manager, Head of Retail and Head of Security.
- Direct –Zone Managers
- Indirect – All retail staff
- Constant liaison with office staff
- Selling Margin
- Average transaction value
- YOY Sales Growth
- Shrinkage / Cycle Count Schedule maintained
- Customer retention
- Employee turnover
- Strategic planning/critical path
- Team development and performance
- Clear communication across all departments
- Customer base growth