Sona Dermatology and MedSpa is looking for a strong Associate for our Sugarland office in Houston, TX!
The Associate provides exceptional customer service while being the first to interface with the client either on the phone or as clients enter the center with a prompt, warm and professional greeting. The Associate performs various office clerical duties such as reviewing client insurance eligibility, updating client information, process co-payment and schedule appointments as needed.
- Act as primary receptionist – always puts the client first. Greets promptly, follows up and interacts in a positive manner. Relates and interacts in a positive manner.
- Maintains reception area and waiting room
- Verifies insurance eligibility, provide necessary forms to new patients, updates information on existing patients, reviews for accuracy and scans/copies all insurance cards.
- Notifies the clinical staff when the patient is ready
- Monitors waiting room and updates clients on wait times on a consistent basis; Monitor client flow and adjust nurse scheduling assignments as needed
- Applies all information on insurance plans, accurately identifying and entering FSC into systems
- Collects co-pays at check-in and process according to according to an outlined procedure
- Contacts patients in advance to remind of appointment time and if there is concern of ineligibility from their insurance carrier
- Contact “no-show” clients within the same day and make an effort to reschedule.
- Contact new patient referrals within 24 hours to schedule first appointment
- Ensures client has all information and questions answered about health and treatments received, to include future appointments
- Completes all documentation for observation, planning and evaluation of care provided to patients
- Updates ticket in ModMed for any cosmetic services rendered; collects and posts accordingly
- Utilize “soft selling” skills where appropriate to increase existing client business and build a strong referral program
Clerical / Administrative:
- Process medical records requests
- Manage processing and distributing the mail and packages. Deliver packages marked "refrigerate" immediately to clinical personnel
- Maintains filing, charting, faxing and all other clerical functions as required
- Answers telephones in a polite manner, makes appointments and takes messages
- Prepares and processes correspondences
- Rolls phones according to schedule
- Identifies supplies as needed
General Practice Duties:
- Knowledge of Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, PHI, HIPAA as well as other State and Federal regulations pertaining to health insurance statutes
- Ability and flexibility to cover various medical offices when needed
- Performs cash management protocols as assigned
- Adheres to company policy on continuing education programs, i.e. Annual HIPAA training
- Adheres to departmental dress codes as observed by manager, and wears identification badge, 100% of the time
- Other special projects or tasks as assigned
*Note: All medical-related responsibilities are assumed by Aesthetic Providers and Medical Directors
Minimum Education & Experience:
- HS diploma or equivalent required
Preferred Education & Experience:
- College or advanced education at technical or secretarial school is preferred
- Certifications: CPR preferred
- One year previous medical office experience working within a patient registration, reception or billing role preferred. Dermatology and Cosmetic experience strongly preferred
- Prior experience in an EMR (electronic medical record) environment preferred. Athena, EMA, ModMed experience strongly preferred
Competencies: Sona Dermatology Standards of Performance
- Action Oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Being Resilient - Rebounding from setbacks and adversity when facing difficult situations.
- Communicates Effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Customer Focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Optimizes Work Processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Self-Development - Actively seeking new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels.
Must be able to accommodate a moderate to fast work pace. Must be able to operate within Microsoft Office Suite -proficient with Outlook, Word, and Excel. Exposure to Hazards: Exposure to chemicals and disinfectants Exposure to bodily fluids, latex, as well as a risk to exposure of Infectious Disease.
This position requires sitting, standing and walking for long periods of time. Able to stoop and lift objects from the floor, file, etc. without restrictions. Must have full use of hand and arms to operate office equipment.
- Competitive hourly salary
- Ongoing training and mentoring
- Potential for career advancement within the company
- Full-time employees are offered a full benefits package including medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid time off, and paid holidays
- All employees receive free or reduced cost treatments and discounts on products
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Sona Dermatology and Medspa is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.