St. Mary Catholic Parish in Littleton, Colorado is seeking a dynamic and dedicated Director of Music to lead our parish families in the way of worship through sacred music.
“Guided by the Holy Spirit, we are a community centered in the Eucharist. We seek to live our faith, to grow in holiness, and to proclaim the love of Christ through service to all.”
To work as a member of the parish liturgy team to foster “full, conscious, and active participation” in the liturgy by promoting the expression of faith through song. To accomplish this, the Director of Music must lead and facilitate musical participation during liturgies and encourage our parish families and ministries to offer musical expression in their own specific way.
GOALS & OBJECTIVES:
In conjunction with the liturgical norms and guidelines of the Church, the vision of the Disciples of the Hearts of Jesus and Mary (DCJM) and quality musical presentation, the Director of Music will develop and lead a music ministry program that will serve and enhance all liturgies as well as parish life. In addition, the incumbent will seek to facilitate and increase participation by our assemblies, and aid in their worship.
- Insure that music is provided at every Sunday Mass, Holy Day, Thursday Adoratio, and Saturday morning Marian Mass.
- Educate the assembly in singing and understanding the meaning of the sacred music.
- Direct and form various choirs, ensembles and bands that serve at the parish’s regular weekend liturgies, and on holy days and other special liturgical celebrations.
- Offer different music programs for the education of children and families.
- Oversee and organize music ministry participation at funerals, weddings, other sacramental celebrations, and parish retreats.
- Prepare for liturgical seasons and key liturgies in collaboration with the Director of Liturgy.
- Coordinate musical support for catechetical and evangelical activities for the school and other ministries.
- Join with staff to foster a spirit of welcome and develop a ministerial focus on the weekend Mass experience.