Reports to the Upper School Head. Responsibilities will include developing curriculum and teaching primarily upper level programming courses (programming 2, adv. programming: algorithms & data structures, adv. programming: topics in computer science) with a willingness to learn new curriculum in web design and digital fabrication. While not required, interest in coaching the First Tech Challenge robotics team is a plus. Upper level computer science electives are primarily taught in the Java programming language.
What's interesting about teaching at Eastside Prep?
- Eastside Prep offers an inquiry-based, experiential, integrated curriculum.
- The curriculum at Eastside Prep has been developed and is continually revised by the faculty who teach it.
- Teachers work collaboratively across disciplines and across grade levels.
- Eastside Prep teachers work with students in a variety of group configurations including classes, advising, project development and implementation, and extra-curricular activities.
- A school-wide ethic of good citizenship guides faculty and staff in their interactions with families and colleagues.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility, and a willingness to participate in the full life of the school are especially welcome.
- Class size is limited to a maximum of 18, with several classes averaging 14 -16 students.