Reed Construction is a fifth-generation, family-owned General Contractor with over 125 years of experience in the construction industry. Reed is well-known for its unmatched level of reliability, attention to detail, and customer experience. We are looking for a dynamic Accounts Payable Assistant to join our Finance Team.
The ideal candidate will work closely with our Project Accountants and CFO to receive, organize, and verify invoices, track and record purchase orders, and process payments. If you have a strong accounting background, are customer and compliance driven with a team oriented approach; then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Create monthly trade partner waiver requests, verify waivers for accuracy and compiles in corresponding job folder (up to 40 invoices per month)
- Completes all monthly AP entry that correlates to the jobs assignment for each month and reconcile entries against sworn statements
- Issues weekly trade partner payments as provided by Project Accountants
- Maintains Master Pay Application log daily and provide deposit reports to the Controller
- Serves as backup to Accounts Payable Manager consisting of reconciling expenses, company credit cards & daily deposits
- Sets up new projects in Procore and provide details to Project Accountants
- Provides support to maintain the overhead budget report
- Collaborates with the Office Administrator as the main back up to the front desk and serves as additional support for overflow of incoming calls
- Follows up on voided or expiring SPRs and updates the Finance scorecard weekly
- Escalates trade partner discrepancies to Project Accountant and Project Manager for immediate clarification and resolution
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related field a plus
- 1-3 years accounts payable or general accounting experience
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Excellent communications skills and is able to work well with a wide range of personalities
- A strong sense of urgency and time management
- Goal-oriented – ability to problem solve, react quickly to changing circumstances and still achieve the desired results
- Keen attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
- Organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with relevant accounting software such as Sage Timberline, QuickBooks, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities required of this position.
Reed Construction is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.