Reed Construction is a fifth-generation, family-owned General Contractor with over 125 years of experience in the construction industry. Reed is well-known for its unmatched level of reliability, attention to detail, and customer experience. Reed Construction is searching for an energetic Talent Acquisition Specialist to join our Human Resource Team. If you are passionate about the construction industry and building great project teams, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
To ensure success as Reed’s Talent Acquisition Specialist, you should possess extensive experience as a recruiter in the construction industry and a demonstrated ability to attract the perfect candidate for each role. Responsibilities include managing the full lifecycle recruiting process, including sourcing, interviewing, and selecting top construction talent. The Talent Acquisition Specialist should also be able to develop long-term recruiting strategies and cultivate trusting relationships with potential hires. Ultimately, you will lead our company’s current and future talent needs.
- Must possess strong understanding of construction related roles
- Manage full lifecycle recruiting for all candidates
- Maintain Applicant Tracking System
- Collaborate with hiring managers to develop recruiting strategies to fill open positions
- Develop detailed job descriptions for various construction roles with limited input from hiring managers
- Regularly connect with respective candidates to ensure qualified candidates remain engaged in current or future opportunities
- Review applications and evaluate candidate skills and qualifications
- Maintain effective communication with hiring managers throughout the recruitment process to ensure positions are filled on time
- Communicate with candidates on benefits, compensation, company structure, and culture
- Execute offer agreements and offer negotiations
- Use various methods to recruit and network with potential candidates, including social media platforms, networking events, and job fairs
- Build and maintain a robust and diversified candidate pipeline
- Build interpersonal relationships with hiring managers and various company leaders (internal networking is a must)
- Serve as the brand ambassador and represent the company internally and externally at various events with the goal of building relationships with potential candidates
- Collaborates with hiring managers and leadership to understand hiring needs and develop strategies to achieve recruitment goals
- Stays current on employment laws, market trends, and potential industry issues
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, equivalent experience may substitute a bachelor’s degree in some cases.
- 5+ years of experience as lead recruiter with a focus on construction talent
- Construction industry recruiting experience is required
- Proven track record for producing hiring results
- Demonstrated success in developing and maintaining professional contacts
- Hands-on experience with full-cycle recruiting using various interviewing techniques and evaluation methods
- Ability to handle multiple demands while keeping a positive and results-focused attitude
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, presentation, and critical thinking skills
- Organized, excellent verbal and written communication skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to build effective working relationships and interact with senior management
- Experience in the continual development of talent pipelines and sourcing potential candidates
- Firm understanding and implementation of recruiting metrics to drive decision-making
- Knowledge of labor laws, employment laws, and compliance surrounding hiring and interviewing best practices
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of this position.
Reed Construction is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.