SleepQuest is a rapidly expanding National Health Services Company focused on Sleep Related Breathing Disorders. We have provided sleep care services for over 25 years with a comprehensive "continuum of care" that includes home sleep testing (HST) and CPAP treatment for obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and ongoing resupply. Our vision is to restore sleep and dreams for millions of people.
About the Role:
This role will guide our continued success by providing leadership, direction, and resource information and analysis to SleepQuest Finances.
SleepQuest is a C-Corporation doing over $15M in annual sales primarily through patient insurance plans as payors. Our Mission is to provide life-changing outcomes for patients suffering from sleep apnea through quality care, bringing health and vibrancy to their lives. The Finance Director will be a trusted advisor on the Executive Team and report at the Board of Director’s quarterly meetings. The ideal candidate will have qualities ranging from big-picture strategy and willing to handle the day-to-day finance work. The Accounting Manager, who runs a group of 15, will report to the Finance Director.
As the Finance Director, you will:
Deliver timely and accurate financial modeling and financial/tax reporting requirements:
- Update comprehensive financial model: Forecasting revenue, costs, expenses, net income and cash position over future months and years.
- Complete final close of financial statements
- Present financials to internal and external stakeholders (including board of directors, management team, outside readers, etc.)
- Meet deadlines to properly manage compliance with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Manage SleepQuest’s cash flow forecasting to ensure availability of funds.
Be the point of contact for:
- Standard controller functions
- Stock administration, using Carta software, including annual 409A valuations
- Assuming responsibility for risk management, including insurance coverage, assessment of risks, legal and regulatory compliance regarding.
Strengthen Internal Controls:
- Develop and document financial processes and treasury policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Establish accounting policy
- Quarterly presentation to the board of directors
- Tax planning, where applicable, in conjunction with the CPA firm
- Reviews and approves employee benefit and insurance plans and renewal of business insurance
Manage relationships with financial institutions, tax professionals and attorneys, and internal stakeholders:
- Partner with SleepQuest’s VP Strategy to provide analysis and due diligence for M&A activity and reviews and analyzes industry data
- Partner with HR Business Partner in deciding when to consult outside counsel or other resources to resolve employment law issues.
- Work with outside CPAs to provide required data and ensure timely and accurate completion of the annual tax returns.
- Manage banking relationships
Additional responsibilities as required.
- CPA, CMA or MBA required. Degree in Finance or Accounting a must.
- 6+ years of relevant senior level experience in modeling, Accounting, and Finance
- Extensive/advanced experience with financial modeling either with Excel or a financial modeling platform
- Proven skillset in financial reporting and accounting a must
- Healthcare experience and familiarity with private insurance or Medicare payors preferred
- DME experience a plus
- Working knowledge of Brightree software and Paycom HRIS a plus
- Ability to mix management and individual contributor responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent analysis skills and ad hoc analysis/reporting experience
SleepQuest offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, to include Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance coverage, a 401k program, vacation and holiday pay, and stock options.