knowledge, skills and ability
- Must accurately perform the loan review process of Notes, eNotes, Note Endorsements, Note Allonge, Deeds of Trust, AKA Name Affidavits, Loan Modification Agreements, POA’s, and title policies to ensure the document meets Investor standards
- Maintains accurate and detailed records regarding loan scrubbing activity, candidate and suspended loans with timely follow-up on corrective actions needed to flag the loan for sale to CHFA’s investors
- Accurately identify, document and report deficiency trends
- Ability to interpret investor guidelines, rules and periodic changes, with an understanding of the impact to workflow
- Participates in the program design and implementation of various project teams
- Must be keenly aware of timelines and communicate effectively with CHFA’s Ginnie Mae Document Custodian to achieve Ginnie Mae Final Pool Certification
- Desire and willingness to be an active member of the Ginnie Mae / Fannie Mae / Freddie Mac Cross-Divisional Team
- Works well in a team environment, by promoting positive interaction and communication with all staff members in various departments
- Identifies process improvements on an on-going basis
- Participates in promoting CHFA’s mission programs and services by representing CHFA at the prescribed number of events throughout Colorado
- Desire and willingness to grow and stay current with industry trends by traveling to local and national conferences
- Abilities that reflect our values:
- Ability to continuously improve and develop knowledge and skills, while adapting quickly to changing circumstances and processes
- Ability to work towards inclusion in all activities, and decisions through the solicitation and appreciation of diverse perspectives
- Ability to exercise personal accountability in all activities and decisions
- Ability to embrace a culture of operational excellence to ensure processes are continually evaluated and improved as necessary
- Ability to operate with a sense of integrity
- Ability to have fun with a demonstrated sense of humor
- Ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse ethnic, racial, and cultural backgrounds
- Associate degree in a business related field or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business accounting, or finance is a plus
- Mortgage loan experience in loan origination functions, and post-closing activities are required
- Mortgage banking exposure to loan processing, underwriting guidelines, and loan closing experience is helpful
- Must be proficient in the use of Excel, MS Office, PowerPoint, and MS Word
Telephone, personal computer, document imaging systems, calculator, photocopier, fax machine, and Smartphone.
The incumbent in this position will perform the essential functions of the position primarily in an office environment, which requires sitting at a desk for the majority of the day.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform.
$57,036 – $79,852 + annual bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, with very low rates
- Generous Paid Time Off, including paid volunteer time, and leave programs
- Please visit our benefits page for additional information
With respect to its programs, services, activities, and employment practices, Colorado Housing and Finance Authority assesses qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected status. Requests for reasonable accommodation, or any complaints alleging violation of this nondiscrimination policy should be directed to the nondiscrimination coordinator, 1.800.877.2432, CHFA 1981 Blake street, Denver co 80202, available weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.