Responsible for managing the Comme des Garcons Ltd wholesale business within North America. This includes all Comme des Garcons seasonal brands and core products (Play, Perfume and Wallet).
- Responsible for scheduling and actively selling to all clients during seasonal selling exhibition and the selling of all core products during ordering periods.
- Ongoing market research to identify new business development opportunities.
- Developing and implementing sales and distribution strategies for each of the 18 Comme des Garcons collections with the objective to grow the business in a strong and controlled way.
- Conducting and coordinating ongoing brand product knowledge seminars at all key retailers.
- Develop strong partnerships with clients by having an open dialog about new products, stock levels, etc.
- Schedule in store visits on a regular basis to ensure representation and brand image is always maintained.
- Development, maintenance, and general upkeep of client database.
- Follow up with clients concerning specific display and logo requests.
- Weekly meeting with Vice President and CFO to advise on specific strategy, targets, and objectives.
- Ensuring the growth and development of the Commercial Team (3 direct reports) by identifying and initiating a plan of action for any specific training needs.
- Managing a clear DOR within the Commercial Team.
- Instilling a common sense of organization and a culture of professionalism within the team.
- Ensuring that all staff are clear on what the standards are and that these standards are maintained.
- Together with the Vice President and CFO, create annual, seasonal and monthly budgets along with a selling strategy to achieve the budgets.
- Quarterly meeting with the President to discuss selling results and general performance.
- Sending seasonal results to Vice President, CFO, and International Head Office.
- Minimum of 5 years wholesale experience required
- Minimum of 2 years of prior management experience
- Proven track record achieving results across multiple businesses
- Advanced business acumen and analytical skills
- Strong decision-making ability
- Ability to lead and manage team
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as exceptional interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, including v-lookups, pivot tables, and basic macros; Must be able to manipulate large quantities of data in Microsoft Excel to drive business decisions
- A highly motivated individual able to manage a team and converse with all levels both internally and externally.
- A self-starter able to set the standard by their own professionalism and attitude.
- Must be energetic, self-motivated and self-organized. Willing to do whatever is required to get the job done.
- Decisive, structured and organized, with a keen eye for detail.
- Have the ability to work under pressure.
- Will strategize to drive the business forward.