- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to establish rapport with persons of diverse ethnic, racial, economic and cultural backgrounds essential
- Ability to negotiate, problem solve and use tact and diplomacy
- General understanding of equal housing opportunity requirements, property management practices, minimum property standards, affordable housing programs and ownership/management issues
- Ability to write clear, concise letters and tracking reports; as well as communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with owners, managers, residents, and co-workers
- Capable of handling a large workload with regular deadlines and time pressures
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Abilities that reflect our values:
- Ability to continuously improve and develop knowledge and skills, while adapting quickly to changing circumstances and processes
- Ability to work towards inclusion in all activities, and decisions through the solicitation and appreciation of diverse perspectives
- Ability to exercise personal accountability in all activities and decisions
- Ability to embrace a culture of operational excellence to ensure processes are continually evaluated and improved as necessary
- Ability to operate with a sense of integrity
- Ability to have fun with a demonstrated sense of humor
- Desired applicants should have a minimum of one (1) year of work experience in affordable housing, commercial real estate or multifamily housing management
- Desired work experience should include customer service via telephone with tenants to resolve tenancy related concerns.
- Work experience should include duties requiring a general understanding of equal housing opportunity requirements, property management practices, minimum property standards, affordable housing programs, and compliance and owner/management issues
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, but not required
Telephone; personal computer; calculator; photocopy machine, vehicle.
The incumbent in this position will perform the essential functions of the position in an office environment. This requires sitting for long periods at a desk. Ability to type reports and use a computer with or without assisting devices.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended as an employment contract, nor is it intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform.
$46,116 – $64,563 + annual bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, with competitive rates
- Generous Paid Time Off, including paid volunteer time, and leave programs
- Please visit our benefits page for additional information
how to apply
Internal candidates: Please send your resume along with internal job application to email@example.com
External candidates: Please submit your resume online at www.chfainfo.com/careers - Job Opportunities Tab
With respect to its programs, services, activities, and employment practices, Colorado Housing and Finance Authority assesses qualified individuals without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or other protected status. Requests for reasonable accommodation, or any complaints alleging violation of this nondiscrimination policy should be directed to the nondiscrimination coordinator, 1.800.877.2432, CHFA 1981 Blake street, Denver co 80202, available weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.