The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
PROGRAM OVERVIEW (Immunization COVID 19 – CARES, Gotham Center, Long Island City NY, 11101)
The New York City (NYC) Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) Bureau of Immunization (BOI) Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR) is a central record-keeping system established by DOHMH to track the immunization status of individual children and adults, monitor immunization levels in the population in a timely manner, and implement publicly purchased vaccine ordering, management, and accountability. The CIR is accessible to licensed health care providers, parents and agencies authorized by the DOHMH for the retrieval of immunization records for the purpose of ensuring that children and adults receive all required immunizations and are, thereby, protected from vaccine-preventable diseases.
The Data Analyst will conduct analyses of CIR data and produce graphs, maps, and reports related to immunization uptake and coverage to support the COVID-19 Vaccine Program and influenza vaccine campaign.
- Conduct timely geographical analysis of CIR data and produce maps and graphs to track influenza and Covid-19 vaccine doses administered to New Yorkers by health care facilities across NYC.
- Works closely with DOHMH research scientists and technical staff to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate protocols and research related to CIR data quality assurance.
- Prepare reports and presentations for NYC DOHMH, New York State, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on the influenza and Covid-19 vaccination campaigns.
- Coordinate data analyses and research efforts using CIR data with other units within BOI, DOHMH, and CDC.
- Participate in teleconference calls and meetings with CDC and immunization programs in public health departments in other states and cities.
Performs other duties as needed.