We are hiring a Safety Engineer to work out of our Melrose Park, IL headquarters.
The Safety Engineer is responsible for all aspects of plant safety. The EHS Coordinator will ensure that the plant meets and exceeds all requirements pertaining to all environmental / OSHA regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Conduct new hire safety orientation and training and other safety training from time to time and as needed.
- Lead Safety Committee meetings
- Provide leadership to plant associates to incorporate continuous improvement principles and techniques.
- Recommend process and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to work hazards.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation and compliance.
- Conduct accident investigations and safety audits.
- Report and review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, or environmental testing.
- Review plans and specifications for construction of new machinery or equipment to determine whether all safety requirements have been met.
- Review employee safety programs to determine adequacy.
- Ensure associates operate in a safe, orderly, and clean environment.
- Team with Human Resources and Plant Management to administer corrective action.
- Evaluate adequacy of actions taken to correct health inspection violations.
- Listen to concerns and suggestions from team members and provide timely feedback.